A good technician must have the following attributes:
- Strong work ethic
- Problem solver
- Lifelong learner
- A Team player
- Safety conscious
The purpose of the Technician is to provide our customers with:
- Properly performed needed repairs
- A high-quality repair so that their car is fixed right and won't come back
- A vehicle that performs correctly and is dependable
Basic Skill Requirements:
- Hand tool proficiency
- Power tool proficiency
- Equipment proficiency
- Diagnostic tool proficiency
- Good with technology and can pick up new software quickly
- It is the Technician's responsibility to diagnose, fix and repair vehicles right the first time and in a timely manner.
- The technician has the duty of thoroughly inspecting every vehicle, which allows the shop to inform the customer of needed repairs, so they drive safe and reliable vehicles.
- Perform repairs in the order set by the Service Advisor following the shop's Workflow System.
- When parts arrive, inspect them to ensure they are correct.
- Do not work on a vehicle until the work is authorized and all needed parts are available.
- If a vehicle is giving you trouble, get help from the Lead Technician.
- When repairs are completed, include all notes on the Repair Order and return it to the Service Advisor.
- When the job is complete, clean up the bay of all fluid spills, throw away all parts boxes, tag and place cores in the proper location, and turn in any unneeded parts. If the customer has requested that parts be retained, place them in a place where the Service Advisor can find them.
- At the end of the day, make sure that all cars that will be kept at the shop overnight are parked where they will be secure.
- Ensure all shop equipment and tools are wiped down and put away.
- If a customer comes into the shop area, always smile, greet them and politely direct them to the office and the Service Advisor.
- Assist other technicians when they need assistance with the vehicle they're working on.
- A Technician must continuously improve his/her skills, advance his/her training, and stay current with new automotive technology.